Monday, August 31, 2009

Ahhhh boys.....

I received a call from my son's school nurse today. Of course I hit the panic button because my son, Chase, has a peanut allergy so I'm assuming the worst. I talk with the nurse - she assures me that Chase is fine - he just has a rash on his hands. She checked his lungs and also checked his back and tummy to make sure there wasn't any hives or rashes. Whew - nothing there. She thinks it's from something he ate at lunch, possibly something red since there is powder all of his shirt and some kids are allergy to dyes. I said I don't know since it was Lunchables - maybe red jello? Chase said nope. Anyway, she said she gave him Benadryl just in case so if I can remember what was in his lunch that would clue her in, that would great. Hmmmm....what would be in his lunch? I had no clue so I used the good ol internet. Ahh - there it is! And look - what's included in the new Lunchables is TROPICAL KOOL-AID SINGLE PACKETS!! My guess is that he tried to put in the packet in the water that was included in the Lunchables and spilled/stained his hands which turned to irritation. Mystery solved :)

1 comment: