Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cannon's new crush.....

I have quite the casanova in the household! Two Friday's ago, we were at Chase's 1st soccer practice. Cannon was there and pretty hesitant to play with one of Chase's schoolmate and soccer-mate friend's little sister who was there as well. Sometimes it takes Cannon awhile to warm up but eventually he did and before I knew it, he and the little sister were playing tag, hide and seek - basically having great time. I turned to the little sisters mom and said "I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of practice, Cannon will be calling your little girl his "girlfriend." I proceeded to tell her that for months, Cannon called Hermione (from Harry Potter) his girlfriend. No joke. I had to remind him that Hermione wasn't real - just a character. Didn't matter - Hermione was his girlfriend. So, practice was over and once we reached my car, Cannon said to me "Mom, I'm going to have to let you go. I can only have one girlfriend and Chase's friend's little sister is my girlfriend." I was crushed. Okay, not that much. For months Cannon kept saying "Mommy, you're my #1 girlfriend" so to hear I've been replaced by a 4 year old does quite the number on your ego. I digress. Of course once Chase hears Cannon has a girlfriend, Chase has a hay day with "You're going to marry her and kiss her" making the kissing sounds. Ahhhh, brotherly love. Once at home, Cannon said "I need to see her" What?! I was thinking "You just saw her!" So, I said what any loving parent would say to a love struck child - no. I thought that would be the end of it and the fascination but Cannon for the next 2 days saying "I need to see her" or "Please set up a playdate". No, not yet have we set up a playdate. Cannon received some bad news on Wednesday - Chase's friend and his little sister wouldn't be at practice because they were out of town. You could just see the sadness in his eyes and then he proceeded to cry. I told him it's okay - we'll see her next week. He finally stopped crying.

So, we'll see where this "romance" is going. If he keeps this up, it will be a long 18 years - lots of crushes and heartsbroken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment