Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And the count down begins.....

Some of you guys might know that my neighbor and I will be running our very first half marathon. It all started with a "Hey, how about if we walk maybe 2 or 3 times a week." Before I knew it, we were running/walking 4 times a week, mapped out different courses and we're all signed up for the race - t-shirt, race number and all! Tonight I even got new running shoes. For as much as I paid for them, I'll be sleeping, eating, and possibly showering in them.

As the race gets closer, I'm getting super excited about the race. And NERVOUS!!! What's the course going to look like? How's the weather? Will I be the last person to cross the finish line? Will I have the stamina to run/walk the entire course? Those are all the questions that are racing (no pun intended) through my mind. I'm sure I'll be fine but as the days go by and the race gets closer and closer, my heart starts beating a little faster and my adrenaline pumping. Ahhh, the life of a newborn runner that will run her first major race!

So, I'll keep on drinking water to the point where it will be coming out of my pores, eating more carbs then usual, and getting ready for my big day. If on Sunday you hear a WOOHOO echoing all the way from St Charles, MO, you'll know Jen Mackey finally did it!

1 comment: