Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow - it's been a long time since I've last posted a blog! I'm going to try really hard to keep up with my blogging :)

With Thanksgiving right around the corner (well, tomorrow), I've been thinking a lot this past month of what I'm thankful for. Let me list them off:

1) Family. Nothing compares to love and support you have from your family. I'm grateful for my parents who I know in the past I've caused a lot of stress (sorry!) but still loved me unconditionally. You have no idea how much that means to me. And for my brother and sister - I need to tell them I love them more and so grateful to have them in my life.

2) My boys. Even though they drive me crazy sometimes - bouncing off the walls because they have SO much energy and battling with them getting them to go to bed (like tonight), they are my world and I thank God everyday for giving me the best presents a person could ever ask for. I am truly blessed to be a mom to the most beautiful boys in the world.

3) Health. Knock, knock on wood - so far so good! Thinking about some things that have happened with my family and friends, I'm very grateful that we have a healthy household.

4) Friends. Without them, I'd be lost. My best friends have been there for me when I needed them the most, a shoulder to cry on (numerous times), listened to my stories (I can turn a 5 minute story into an hour - I know, I have a gift), and have said "buck up buttercup!" when I'm down. I can't thank them enough to have them in my life! Love you guys!!

5) Last but not least - God. He has helped me through many, many, MANY tough times and has never let me down. He's guided me to do the right thing and He's an awesome listener! 15 years ago, my life changed. I lost my memory and my speech. Even after 15 years, I still have a very hard time saying Meningitis. Going through that experience was the hardest and the most challenging I'll probably ever have to face. But right along with me was my faith in God. He kept me here for a reason and I thank him every single day for that :)

So, those are the 5 things I'm grateful for during this holiday season. There's actually one more. When I was on a band trip in California when I was in high school, I was standing in line at Disneyland and in front of me was a older boy - probably around 8 or 9 and his younger brother - I would say 5 or 6. Anyway, the younger boy kept looking at me. So me being a very self conscious 16 year old, I was thinking "Why is he looking at me?? Is it my hair? My braces? My big glasses??" I finally put up my hand and said "Hi" to the little boy. And in return, he said "You're pretty". I was taken aback. That was not what I was expecting. At all. Here was this innocent little boy seeing something in me I didn't. So, to that little boy, wherever you are, thank you. You will never know how much those 2 words you said made a huge impact on a 16 year old girl.

Thank you for reading my really long blog! Until next time - cherish and enjoy your family and friends and have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, Jenny! We all have so much to be thankful for, I'm glad we have a day in which we all think about it!

    ReplyDelete